is a New Media Art Center, based in Sofia, Bulgaria. InterSpace was founded in 1998 as a non-government organization aimed at art production, development and popularization of author's projects in the space between art and technologies - video art, multimedia installations, net art and electronic sound.
The InterSpace activity include:
- creation and presentation of multimedia art production and documentation
- organization of forums, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, workshops, multimedia shows
- educational activities - vocational training courses
- development of an electronic publication on contemporary Bulgarian arts
The main goal of Media Art Center InterSpace is to establish the society of media artists in Bulgaria and enable their active collaboration in an international context.
InterSpace has developed international partnerships with "Van Gogh TV" (Germany), "THE KITCHEN" (USA), "MONTEVIDEO/TBA" (Holland), "IDEA" (Great Britain), as well as with Bulgarian organizations - Soros Center for the Arts, Sofia; British Council, Sofia; US Information Service, Sofia; Bulgarian Photographic Association.
Current creative activities of the Media Art Center InterSpace include:
- The net art project "Ten Years Later / To The Whole Warsaw Treaty With Love" - http://www.i-space.com/1945_89
- Presentation of the Group for Media Arts Van Gogh TV - USIS, April 1999.
- Workshop "Hands on VMS (Virtual museum systems), lead by the Van Gogh TV group - NATFIZ, 4-6 April 1999
- Media Arts Program within the International Youth Film Festival - 15-20 May, the Cinema Palace, Sofia - presentation of Media Arts Institute "MONTEVIDEO/TBA" (Holland) and Center for Media Arts "THE KITCHEN" (USA).
- Festival for Media Arts "Project END" - 23.09.-23.10.1999, Sofia, supported by the Arts Development Fund of thePhare Programme and the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Sofia. Project END included a Pilot Training Course for Electronic Publishing, Exhibitions "Real/Virtual" - multimedia installations, a VJ/DJ Show and a Conference "Art, Technology, Society 1999"
- On-line presentation in the "Ten Years After The Wall" project of the De Balie Center for Culture and Politics, Amsterdam - 8 November 1999.
- Visual show within the Promotion of the new interactive single of the Mindstorm electronic band - 20 November 1999, INDIGO Club
- Second training course on Electronic Publishing - Video and Audio in Multimedia and Internet - 19-23 December 1999, Internet Club MODUS and Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce
- Multimedia show Technopoliten" - 26.02.2000, Metrostation "Opalchenska" www.muraparty.orbitel.bg
The multimedia lab of the InterSpace Media Art Center includes:
- 1 Video Edng Station
- 2 Graphic Design Stations
- 1 Multimedia Station
- 1 Administrative Station
Windows 2000 Server, hosting for Web Art Projects, Artists and Art Organizations Sites
Back to home page